вторник, 10 июня 2014 г.

Cherry Vanilla Kefir

Cherry Vanilla Kefir
Logo

Cherry and Vanilla Water Kefir  Loula Natural fb

Cherry Vanilla Water Kefir


I play with kefir flavours all the time-I love to introduce new ones in my classes. Whatever is in my fridge or cupboard gets tried out! I use dried fruit, fresh fruit, stewed and juiced fruit! I use vegetables too (cucumber and mint water kefir is lovely) I even use cacao nibs. Some I love and so I then make a huge batch of it. This is a recipe that I love!


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Black Cherries are in abundance and the tart fizzy flavour of the cherries in the water kefir is so well balanced by the vanilla. I use very concentrated vanilla essence (like this one). I have tried it with fresh vanilla pod and it is nice too. Also it goes the prettiest colour!


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I normally ferment with an open vessel because in the humidity and heat of the summer- potential for explosion is very high. However I decided to use a shorter fermentation time. I used the fido lid this time and fermented this for 8 hours and then refrigerated it. You may need to adjust the timings of the ferment so that it is suitable for your climate. I always taste my ferments as I go past to see if it needs longer- and the key to good flavour is fermenting to taste.


Cherry-and-Vanilla-Water-Kefir-in-the-popped-bottle-Loula-Natural

This recipe is a second ferment. If you want to learn how to make the initial water Kefir please see here for my How to; Make Kefir or buy Culture Your Life (hardback version is out very very soon)



This tart, fizzy and rich vanilla water kefir is delicious and refreshing. Its also amazingly good for your digestive and immune system.


Here is my pinterest board for fermentation inspiration;


Cherry and Vanilla Water Kefir  Loula Natural pin

Original article and pictures take loulanatural.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий