среда, 10 декабря 2014 г.

Fermented Beets

Fermented Beets

I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.


It is no mystery that Oh Lardy loves fermented foods. In fact, I have shared many times that my kids really enjoy the dilly carrots. They seem to disappear from the jar faster than I put them in there!


Either, I just really love beets or I needed to ferment something new. Whatever it was resulted in fermented beets. It’s true. I do love beets. I will eat them cold in a salad, and roasted with dinner. I will even drink them in kvass! My daughter enjoys them, too, so I knew I had at least one person to share them with!


Fermenting beets is just as easy as fermenting other foods. There was only one additional step – roasting. Roast the beets before you ferment them! I followed the recipe from Nourishing Traditions, mostly. That recipe suggests peeling the beets after they are roasted. What a pain. Next time I will peel them first. I suspect that will be much easier!


Does the topic of fermenting baffle you? We created a Fermenting eCourse just for you and when you sign up, we will send you a Quick Start Guide! Grab the eCourse and the guide here!


Have you had the chance to enjoy fermented beets? What are you waiting for?


fermented beets

What is your favorite thing to do with fermented beets?


Original article and pictures take ohlardy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий