четверг, 9 апреля 2015 г.

Fermented Jalapeños

Fermented Jalapeños
fermented jalapeños - ohlardy.com

I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.


This is going to be a spicy post, my friend! Personally, I don't like things REALLY spicy. I like a little bit of heat, but nothing that sends me looking for a tall glass of milk. My husband, on the other hand, LOVES spicy! If he doesn't start sweating, it isn't spicy enough. In an effort to get my family eating more fermented foods, I decided to ferment some jalapeños to have on hand in the fridge! They would be ready for an impromptu salsa, guacamole, and of course, nachos! Or quesadillas. Or on a fork. Just for him.


I started with a bunch of jalapeños from the Farmer's Market. I wanted enough to fill a quart sized jar. I ended up slicing twenty jalapeños, but it all depends on size of course. I placed all of my jalapeño rings in the jar along with a teaspoon of salt and a quarter cup of whey. I added the lid and set out to forget about them for a week.



My husband, though, kept asking me when they would be ready. Over the course of a week, they dulled in color, became cloudy and, upon opening, they fizzed up like a soda can! They were ready! I sampled one and couldn't get through it. HOT!! My husband said they were good, but could be saltier. I will do more salt next time. That way they will be more “pickled” and that is what I am going for.


Does the topic of fermenting baffle you? We created a Fermenting eCourse just for you and when you sign up, we will send you a Quick Start Guide! Grab the eCourse and the guide here!



Enjoy!


Have you fermented jalapeños before? What is your favorite recipe?


fermented jalapeños - ohlardy.com

Original article and pictures take ohlardy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий