четверг, 16 апреля 2015 г.

Fermented Pumpkin Butter

Fermented Pumpkin Butter
pumpkin butter - ohlardy.com

I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned on this page. See more details here.


It is fall! Pumpkins are everywhere! On our doorsteps, decorating our house, and in our food! Everywhere you look, there is pumpkin spiced this and pumpkin flavored that. The other day I was gifted a jar of pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's. I have always wanted to try pumpkin butter, simply because it sounds divine!


When I think of pumpkin butter, I imagine it to have this wonderful pumpkin flavor enhanced by simple spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. When I took a taste of this pumpkin butter, it tasted like pumpkin pie filling. The spices were there, but so was the SUGAR! Holy moly, it was sweet.


I knew I had to recreate pumpkin butter on my own terms. I wanted a pumpkin butter that is slightly sweet and spicy and it has to taste like pumpkin! And to top it all off, it had to be fermented. I mean, come on, this is Oh Lardy after all!


Making your own homemade pumpkin butter couldn't be easier. Throw everything in a pot, stir it all together, and cook it for a little bit. My plans for this pumpkin butter (besides eating it with a spoon) is to put it in oatmeal and spread it on cream cheese toast!


Does the topic of fermenting baffle you? We created a Fermenting eCourse just for you and when you sign up, we will send you a Quick Start Guide! Grab the eCourse and the guide here!


pumpkin butter - ohlardy.com

Original article and pictures take ohlardy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий